Skip to main content
Alert The Tax Division Offices are closed to the public until further notice. This includes both the Juneau and Anchorage offices and lobbies. Please call (907)269-6620 for assistance. Our employees are still working and able to provide customer service over the phone.


Employment Security


Annual Report Information

Does Alaska have an Employment Security Tax?

Yes. The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development administers the Employment Security Tax, also known as Unemployment Insurance Tax. For more information, go to the department’s website at

The Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Services Division houses the Unemployment Insurance Program, and Employment Security Tax unit.